Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By signing up to Shopconnect you are automatically agreeing to the terms and conditions policies that governs all aspect of our business,These Terms are legally binding on all users of this Service and Website and constitute a legally binding agreement between you (“User” or “Importer”) and the Company. By accessing this Website, and/or by using the Service, the User expressly and irrevocably agrees to the Terms and to abide by the Terms.The Terms may be adjusted from time to time at the Company’s discretion. If the User of this Service or Website does not agree with any of these Terms, the User may not, under any circumstances, utilize our service or website.
- All content, text, images, data, information and other material displayed, available or present on this Website (“Content”), including any intellectual property rights in such Content (including without limitation trademarks and copyrights) or other intellectual property rights associated with the Website (hereinafter “Intellectual Property Rights”), are the property of the Company, its licensors, or designated owners and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. User should assume that everything User sees or reads on this Website is protected by intellectual property rights, unless otherwise noted, and may not be used without the written permission of the Company or the respective owner except as provided in these Terms. All Company trademarks are listed on the trademark list posted on the Website, which may be updated from time to time and which is incorporated herein. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- The Service may not be used for restricted commodities including hazardous materials, live animals, perishable items, human remains, wet cargo, precious metals, cash, monetary instruments, high value jewellery, manuscripts, etc. Hazardous materials include, but are not limited to explosives; gases (compressed, deeply refrigerated, liquefied or dissolved under pressure); flammable and combustible liquids; flammable solids; substances liable to spontaneous combustion; substances that on contact with water emit flammable gases; oxidizing substances; organic peroxides, poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances; radioactive nuclear substances; corrosives; miscellaneous products, substances or organisms which may reasonably be considered to be dangerous to life, health, property or the environment when handled, offered for transport by air or transported by air; goods that are otherwise by their nature or quantity either singly or collectively are liable to endanger life or imperil property. International Civil Aviation Organization regulations generally forbid the carriage of hazardous materials aboard aircraft. User may not cause or attempt to cause the Company to receive, inspect or forward by air any package containing hazardous materials; Moreover, User will be solely liable for all damages that may arise from any accidents or incidents involving hazardous materials. A permit approval is required from the relevant government authority before the arrival of the shipment that has possible hazrdous or banned substance at the airport to be presented along with your invoice or other documents to customs.
- Import Regulations and Restrictions (Jamaica). The User may ship packages and mail to the assigned global forwarding address for reship to their home country, provided that those shipments comply with all applicable laws, quotas, restrictions and permit/licensing requirements of the intended destination country. The User acknowledges that the Company is not in the business of providing professional advice regarding applicable import laws, quotas, restrictions and permit/licensing requirements of the intended destination country. The Company does not vet shipments arriving at the assigned global forwarding address to determine whether shipments meet such import laws, quotas, restrictions or permit/licensing requirements, therefore User shall consult the services of the competent Authority in the intended home country for advice regarding applicable import laws, quotas, restrictions and permit/licensing requirements and shall obtain any applicable permits/licenses that may be necessary to import such shipments into the intended home country prior to sending such shipments to the assigned global forwarding address. User will cooperate with all reasonable requests of the Company to provide permits or licenses where necessary and will notify the Company promptly upon obtaining such permits and licenses. The Company will promptly notify the User upon learning of any actual or suspected breaches of any applicable import laws, quotas, restrictions and permit/licensing requirements. The Company will not be a party to, and will have no responsibility or liability in cases where User is found in breach of applicable import laws, quotas, restrictions, and permit/licensing requirements. User will notify the Company promptly where User’s shipment requires special tax treatments in respect to tax exemptions and tax allowances and shall provide all applicable completed supporting documents to the Company.
- The Service requires that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and various other external Authorities in the intended destination country be given unrestricted access to inspect User’s shipments as deemed necessary to safe guard the destination countries’ border, people, livestock, agriculture, etc. By using the Service, you authorize CBP, its agents and any other Government Authority, and their agents to inspect User’s shipments and if necessary, to detain, confiscate, or destroy shipments that pose a threat to that countries national security. In such cases each User will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company from any demands, claims, damages, liabilities, expenses or harms, including attorney’s fees, arising in connection with inspecting, detaining, confiscating, storing, and destroying such shipments. The Company will promptly notify the User upon learning of a shipment being detained, confiscated, or destroyed. User will indemnify, and hold harmless the Company and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from any demands, claims, damages, liabilities, expenses or harms, including attorney’s fees, arising in connection with errors or acts of omissions on Customs declarations. Moreover, User will indemnify, and hold harmless the Company for any errors made or acts of omissions made by Customs in respect to valuation of shipments.
- Packages that are perceived to be over fifty (50) U.S dollars that arive at NMIA without an invoice attached to the package profile, emailed to our helpdesk or invoice not found in the package will be valued by customs for duty payment, after which your invoice will not have any relevance to Shopconnect unless we see it fit to ask for it. Any invoice found in the package takes precedence over any invoice that is uploaded, emailed or given to us by the customer. all invoices are to be uploaded in pdf format required by customs. Our agents will try to negotiate on our customers behalf to get the possible lowest price that the item condition used or new values . (online websites are the most common places item prices are derived from). SHOPCONNECT WILL NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE DUTY CHARCHES APPLIED BY CUSTOMS TO ANY PACKAGE THAT HAVE BEEN VALUED BY CUSTOMS BOTH PERSONAL OR COMMERCIAL.
- The Company will publish Service rates on this Website. These rates are adjusted to the equivalent of the U.S.D to JMD exchange rates on a daily basis. Invoices will at the discretion of the Company show the user’s home currency equivalent and shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the invoice date. Invoices are due upon receipt. User will be allowed a fourteen (14) day grace period to settle open invoices. Packages/Mail with invoices that are not settled within thirty (30) days of the invoice date will be considered forfeited by the user and will be sold to recover expenses and profit or disposed of by the Company. User will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company from any demands, claims, damages, liabilities, expenses or harms, including attorney’s fees, for the selling or disposal of forfeited packages/mail.
- All packages should be properly checked and accounted for before leaving Shopconnect, failure to do so the customer will not be compensated for damaged or missing itemn. Lost, damaged or missing itemn will result in the repurchase or the refund of the item or package, it is completely the sole choice of shopconnect to deside between a refund or replacement process.
- All disputes arising out of or in connection with the Service or this Website or these Terms, the Company and User agree to negotiate and undertake reasonable efforts to cooperate in order to achieve a mutually satisfactory resolution.
The Company has no obligation to become involved in any dispute between a User their supplier and any other person. The Service, this Website, these Terms, and any dispute arising in connection therewith shall be exclusively governed
by and construed in accordance with the laws of Jamaica without regard to its conflict of law principles in any other jurisdiction. The Company and User agree that all disputes arising under this agreement will be settled exclusively
through confidential binding arbitration in Kingston, Jamaica, by a sole arbitrator nominated by agreement of the parties through the Dispute Resolution Foundation. The arbitrator´s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment
in a court of competent jurisdiction. User agrees that the Company is entitled to obtain preliminary injunctive relief to the extent allowed by law to enforce any of the provisions of these Terms pending a final arbitral decision.